Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2004 gs300, door lock problem, driver door inside switch

Customer Question

Hi 2004 gs300, door lock problem, driver door inside switch only locks and unlocks rear doors, key only locks and unlocks rear doors. When unlocking doors beep and lights flash. Key red light on so battery good. Help please
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If your model uses an after market alarm that has been installed I have seen in several cases before where the alarm control unit itself is the cause needing replaced to correct this here or the wiring due to the after market system has shorted needing repaired.If you do have an after market system I would have this checked/tested to see if the alarm is the cause and if no after market components are installed let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no aftermarket alarm, the car is pure stock, and I have checked the fuses
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Was anything done on this vehicle that may have caused this fault at all before this issue occurred?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, no the car has 114 K miles and is maintained til now at Lexus, I am expecting some electrical suggestions, check switch for continuity or resistance, apply 12 v to this side of switchh , by pass the switch to check out the motor......if this ? then replace this vs just me going ahead and replacing the door lock motor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, I am being asked to rate your response, right now I am not impressed , please respond to my last comments, or transfer my question to another mechanic ASAP Ron
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.Unfortunately looking through the info I have here I don't see any test options myself.I will have to opt your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Pete, thx Additional info, I can lock each front door with the key in the door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel my request and credit my paypal acct. One week and only two questions that were not applicable in my opinion. I am a mech engineer 35 years , typical do my own repairs , asked for help with this electrical. completed a survey .Ron