Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My lexus rx 300 year 2003 shows VSC ligh on and Check engine

Customer Question

Hi my lexus rx 300 year 2003 shows VSC ligh on and Check engine on and gps nevigation says disk not inserted it was happen suddenly last night
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already paid for this question and I did not get answer yet Why?
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome ot Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. In all honesty, the two issues you have are not related. The check engine light is one concern (the VSC light comes on automatically when the check engine light comes on) and the GPS disc not inserted is a totally different thing.
The Check engine light is on due to the possibility of a variety of reasons. It would be impossible for anyone to tell you exactly what the problem is without first scanning the car's computer. Once that is done, the trouble codes stored in the memory of the computer will lead to the correction. That is the recommendation on that half of your request. Get the car scanned and we can proceed from there.
On the GPS issue, there is only one thing we can do. If the unit says disck not inserted, it probably cannot 'read' the encoding on the disc. This could be due to dust on the laser lens or the reflector for the laser inside the unit is dirty. A good CD cleaner kit would be the first thing to try here. Follow the direction on the kit and see if that helps. If not, the unit will need to be sent back to the manufacturer for additional diagnosis and repair. There are no user serviceable parts inside the GPS unit.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.
Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer