Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

LEXUS 350 2010 STEERING WANTS TO GO LEFT ALIGNED SEVERAL

Customer Question

LEXUS(###) ###-####
STEERING
WANTS TO GO LEFT
ALIGNED SEVERAL TIMES
DEALERSHIP SAID CROWN IN ROAD AND LOW PROFILE TYPE TIRES
NO PROBLEM LIKE THIS IN ANY OTHER VEHICLE IN THE PAST 60 YEARS
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. First, let's discuss theis alleged 'crown of the road. The dealer is way off base here. The 'crown' of the road, IF it has one, is the center of a***** and, most of the time, the inner side of a 4 lane highway, with regard to the median. The "crown' is designed to drain water off of the highway into the side of the road where drainage is available. Road construction, as of late, has a tiny bit of slope withthe driver side fo the road being a tiny bit higher than the passenger side of the road. This is the 'crown', if you want to call it that. This also does a secondary thing...if the driver falls asleep, the car should veer off to the Passenger side of the road (pull right) after about 500 to 1000 feet . Pulling to the left (driver side), and placing the blame on the 'crown' is absolute rubbish. If I were you, I would be inquiring about the date of the last calibration of their alignment machine, and the last head compensation date. More often than not, people do not maintain their alignment machine calibration. This can cause the machine to 'say' the alignment is perfect, but in reality, the car is nowhere near in alignment. I would not blame low profile tires on this either.

If I were you, I would seek out a different shop with a newer and recently calibrated alignment machine. Have them drive it BEFORE the alignment with you so they can see the pulling to the left. Then ride with them AFTER they do the alignment to verify the alignment is done correctly. That is the recommendation I have for you on yoru request.

Additionally, There is NO WAY I would let your car leave my shop with a verified pull to the left and blame it on tires and road construction. It really saddens me when we see these requests here....rubbish answers like tires and road crown, coupled with poor workmanship is simply not acceptable. In this case, you need to find a better service facility.

We at Just Answer appreciate you coming here for information. Hopefully, we have fulfilled your expectations.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer