Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a new altinator, battery I have a short? have 14volts

Customer Question

hi there I have a new altinator, battery I have a short? have 14volts at the alt when first start at a idle voltage starts to drop 13.5 13 12.5and will go until dead battery
lexus es300 2003
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
like to no got text with answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still waiting
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still broke down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ground wire draw?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ya I will rate this wow joke

You mentioned testing the voltage at the alternator while running and noticing the voltage drop. Is the voltage at the battery also dropping and matching exactly what your getting at the alternator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Which wire were you testing on the alternator. If it was the same wire that goes to the battery, then its going to be the wire that has high resistance internal or at the connections to blame. If a wire diagram is needed, let me know. -----------
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris