lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

2004 Lexus GX 470 how do i get the navigation dvd out from

Customer Question

2004 Lexus GX 470 how do i get the navigation dvd out from under the passenger seat? I push eject button and nothing happens.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 1 year ago.
Hi welcome to just answers. My name is ***** ***** the dvd doesnt come out when you press eject is because the eject release spring inside of the player is posibly broken or stticking on the slider inside the player , sometimes disconecting the battery negative side and reconecting will forse the player to reset and perform a function test this may release the DVD, give it a try and let me know if that work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I bought an updated cd a few years ago and it has never been right. It shows navigation for another state. I checked the zones and we are in the same zone (Midwest ) as the state it currently displays.
was the updated c/d a factory original or just a copy? did you bye this c/d at the dealer?
either way this problem is the release spring and track inside the player. Having the wrong or defective dvd or c/d on the Navegation System should not affect the eject function.
you can remove the player and take it to a regular low voltage repair shop like a TV repair shop and have them fix the eject release spring
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, the only reason I wanted to eject it was to see if re inserting it would change state on navigation screen
I did not buy cd from dealer. Bought it on line. I also bought one for my Acura. The Acura has worked just fine.
did you try disconecting the negative battery terminal and reconecting after 2 minutes, this will force a reboot on the player and it may release the C/D try that and let me know.
the CD will also be force to start over and you be able to then set the state you want on the option menu
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will need to wait and do that tomorrow. Have you heard of this issue with 2004 Lexus? ( wrong state being displayed). Will ejecting the cd correct this problem ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I didn't see your last reply before I sent reply. I see where I can set the zone but not a specific state.
yes i have. Let me know Tomorrow if it work. Good Night and Thank you.
when you set the zone the gps should automaticaly set the state .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's what I thought, but it did not set to correct state.
did you try requesting an address on the state you are ? this way the GPS will be force to use that address and set itself to that state.
set an address on the navegation system and see if it will set itself if it doesnt then the CD has a problem.
first disconect the battery negative side this way all will go to factory specs and the CD may then release .