Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

Lexus RX300: i have 02 rx330 with codes p0325 and p0330 have

Customer Question

i have 02 rx330 with codes p0325 and p0330 have replaced both knock sensors and su harness any ideas?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
Did you replaced the sensors and sub harness with Lexus or Toyota sensors?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Napa parts
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
Did you test the wire harness for shorts to ground on the signal wires when you had the sub harness disconnected?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet just wondering if there was anything common before I spend a ton of time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are they common for pcm issues
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
First of all I am not impressed with aftermarket sensors and wires when it comes to these knock sensors in all the work it takes to put them in. I've been burned too many times by aftermarket sensors. This being said at this point we have to assume that the sensors in the sub harness is good. The next step is to make sure the pin fit on the connector going to the main harness is good. If those benefits are tight here is my recommendation what I normally do to rule out the harness being shorted internally. RadioShack sells shielded wire. I have a sub harness that I made and I create two signal wires one for each sensor and run it alongside the main engine harness in through the boot up to the engine control computer. Then I clipped the two input wires at the engine control computer far enough back from the electrical connector into the computer so that it can be repaired and re-solder if the problem is not resolved. This totally rules out the entire engine wiring harness because the signal generated from the knock sensors will go through the test sub harness directly to the two wires and pins at the engine control computer. If the code still comes back then your sensors or napa harness are no good or there is a problem in the engine control computer. As far as what is common I have seen both I've seen more of the engine harness as being shorted internally causing a problem but I've also seen a few engine control computers fail.