Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Lexus GX470: I have 2004 gx470 with 95,000 miles on it. It

Customer Question

I have 2004 gx470 with 95,000 miles on it. It starts fine, but the gps display, all the memory systems, remotes, vsc are all not working. It appears anything with some sort of memory or higher electronic control is inoperable. At auto parts store their tester says bad voltage regulator. Any idea what this might be?
Thanks
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The voltage regulator is usually part of the alternator itself.If it is failing it will need replaced to correct this issue here.I have seen low voltage due to a faulty regulator cause this needing replaced.
I have also seen the electronic ignition switch act up and cause this as well needing replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I submitted this question over a week ago and heard nothing. I Googled my issue and found that it was most likely the ECM fuse, which I replaced and it solved the problem.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
That is great to hear the fault has been located and resolved.If you need anything else let me know.
Thanks Pete