Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Lexus RX400H: I have a Lexus rx400h. It's been temperamental

Customer Question

I have a Lexus rx400h. It's been temperamental to start a few times, but today the kids set off the car alarm before I got outside. I finally found the key and turned it off. When I went to start the car, it wouldn't start. Said I needed to shift to park to start. Getting a check vsc error, check engine and battery light on. Will not budge in neutral.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried again every few minutes and am getting nothing. Console is dead.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch fail several times in the past before and had to replace it.If this has not been tested this should be done to see if this is the cause here for sure.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the time I got this, the problem had long been solved.