Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Lexus LX 470: I have a 2002 LX 470, the VSC off light is on

Customer Question

I have a 2002 LX 470, the VSC off light is on after I pressed the button on and off. The VSC off light won't turn off how do I turn it off? Everything is running fine no check engine light comes on or anything because I service it regularly.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The VSC light is on because the VSC computer is seeing an abnormality in the system. Once this happens, you cannot shut the light off. What you most likely have going on here is an issue with a sensor in the steering column. SOmetimes, the computer loses the calibration of this sensor. When this happens, we perform what we call a "Zero-Point" calibration, which basically tells the computer when the steering wheerl si centered and the wheels are straight ahead. The position of the steering wheel is critical for the VSC to work properly. If the system has lost the Zero Point calibration, the system cannot determine the angle of the steering wheel. This is a very common coinsurance. The recommendation I have for you would be to take the vehicle to a Lexus dealer and get the VSC system scanned. The scan test results will indicate the problem (again, most likely all it will need is a software calibration)... that can be done whilst the tester is attached to the car. The recalibration does not take that long and should not be overly expensive. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer