Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Lexus GX470: my 2004 lexus GX470 wont start. Seems to have

Customer Question

my 2004 lexus GX470 wont start. Seems to have power but there is nothing when you move the key. My wife...god bless her put the charger on it but she had it in the start position instead of the 2 or 10 amp charge mode. I was out and she was trying to fix the problem herself. Think she burned up the charger it was on for over an hour
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried jumping it....nothing happens when you move the key to the start position....nothing.. when you put the key in and turn it to the first click all lights come on etc... Wife was trying to charge it because we had been gone for 10 days and the electronic locks wouldn't even work. I have a trickle charger on the battery now.. Just worried she burned out a fuse or something.
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Is the battery voltage good at 12.6 volts?If you turn the key on, then jump a wire across both wires at the starter, will it crank and start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had it towed today. The answer is no.
Glad your getting it resolved.