Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Lexus RX350: ,Windshield washer is not workin on 2012 lexus

Customer Question

Windshield washer is not workin on 2012 lexus rx 350.
I connected 12V to washer pump directly from the batter and it works fine. So, it seems that power is not making to the pump. ( both front and rear)
Can you please help where to find fuse for pump or relay? Or any advice what to check.
Thanks
Db
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The wiper and the pump is on the same fuse. As long as the wipers work, the pump should work. I suspect that you have a failure inside the wiper switch where the contacts touch to deliver power to the washer pump, or, there is a loose wire inside the wire connector that sends power to the pump from the switch. The recommendation I have for you on this request would eb to remove the plastic shroud from the steering column so you can access the wire connector for the wiper switch assembly. Remove the connector and make sure that all of the wire sockets are locked in place (ie one is not backed out)..if all of the wires are OK, replace the wiper/washer switch assembly. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the advice. I will try to inspect the switch. Just for the information wipers work fine.
You are very welcome. A positive rating for my assistance would be greatly appreciated.