Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Lexus ES300: I have a 94 lexus es300 that will crank but not

Customer Question

I have a 94 lexus es300 that will crank but not start. The ecu will not repond to my OBDII reader and the CEL is not coming on in the start position. The EFI fuse blows when I turn the ignition. I have replaced the crank and cam sensors and checked all other fuses.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If the EFI fuse is blown, you will not get any response out of the ECU via a scanner. The recommendation I have for you is to start disconnecting items in the fuse panel under the hood one at a time until your EFI fuse no longer blows. That would be the relays and the fuses. Once you have the EFI fuse not blowing, then try the scanner.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer