lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

Lexus rx300: 2000 rx300 ac problems. refrigerant level is

Customer Question

2000 rx300 ac problems. refrigerant level is ok, mag clutch relay tested ok. diagnostic code 11... cabin temp circuit? would that really cause the compressor to stop? when i press ac button, compressor kicks on momentarily, then stops
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Victor replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,
The panel that's located below the steering column has a small couple of slits cut into the panel in the right side. That's where the in car temp sensor is. Could you check for me if the electrical connector or if the tube is connected to the panel?
Expert:  Victor replied 1 year ago.
Here is a picture to help you out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. It appears that it's connected. I did another diagnostic (pressing the auto recirculate buttons) and it added code 22 which is the "Compressor Lock Sensor Circuit". Is there a way to reset this? Where is it located?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my reply? Yes it's connected. Now I'm getting error 22 - compressor lock sensor circuit. is the sensor inside the compressor?
Expert:  Victor replied 1 year ago.
Yes the lock out circuit is built into the compressor. You could have a bad sensor or a bad compressor. Do you own a volt/ohm meter? If you do, I can send over some testing instructions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. My dad is an electrician so I'm pretty good with a meter
Expert:  Victor replied 1 year ago.
Ok, follow these diagnostic steps and let me know what you find.