Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Lexus GX 470: I have a 2007 GX 470 with 94000 miles. Have replaced

Customer Question

I have a 2007 GX 470 with 94000 miles. Have replaced timing belt, alternator, radiator, water pump. What other parts can I expect to replace in the near future? Wondering if I should trade it in because of impending high bills for items that will just start to wear out because of time
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The timing belt, alternator, and water pump are all common replacement items at this mileage. You should also be replacing the spark plugs and coil packs at 100K miles. Other than that, there really is not too much that we see in the shop as common replacement issues (except tire pressure sensors; they do not count, as they get broken more than they fail). All in all, the GX470 is a pretty reliable car, engine and transmission wise. It is prudent to follow the factory maintenance schedule to keep the car in top performing condition. On the radiator, without knowing why it was replaced, it is hard to comment. Normally, our radiators do not 'fail', usually, they encounter a stone that nicks the cooling fins which causes a leak. That is cause for replacement. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer