Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Lexus ls 400: I have 94 ls400, had tuneup, wires, mas airflow

Customer Question

Hi I have 94 ls400, had tuneup, wires, mas airflow sensor, 2 rotors and new catylictic converters, trac lite stays on and car has no accerlation, why?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The TRAC light on might be a bad wheel speed sensor which is causing the TRAC to apply the brakes (that is how the TRAC system works). The acceleration issue also could be caused by a timing belt that is stretched. The recommendation I have for you on this issue woul be to have the timing belt replaced if it has not been changed in the last 60,000 miles. If the belt was recently changed, I would have the vehicle put on a Lexus scan tool where the tech can read the real time values of the wheel speed sensors. If one drops to zero while driving, the Trac will activate. Your problem is most likely a bad wheel speed sensor that is sending bad info to the ABS/TRAC system or a stretched timing belt.If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer