Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Lexus RX350: my mother (who does not believe in the internet..

Customer Question

my mother (who does not believe in the internet.. UGH) has a Lexus SUV..not sure what the model is b ut I think it is the 300??? and her drivers side is getting wet all in the door, and floor. She states the sun roof is closed, and it has only started happening since we have had the rain every day here in Ohio. she took it to a local garage, and they told her it was the windshield, but could not find any leak. Have you heard of this before...
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. It could be a windshield issue, but that would easily be found by water testing that area. What is more likely is a clogged subroif drain tube, or the subroif drain tube has become disconnected. The front of the sunroof traps water and drains it down inside the front A pillars, where it drains into the ground from a small opening behind the front wheels. Here is what to do: open the sunroof and with a suitable water container, fill up the front edge of the panel wonder the lip where the glass closes. On either corner, there is a 3/8" hole where the water drains out. If you put the water in each front corner, you should see water draining out behind the tires. If not, you have a blockage. I would recommend your mechanic focus on that before fooling about with the windshield that is probably ok. Also, rub the cat with the ac on. Look under the passenger side. You should see water dripping onto the street. If not, the AC drain is blocked up. Either of these two blockages will case the wetness you experience.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. If you are satisfied with my input, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.