lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

Lexus ES300: I have a 2000 lexus es300 that the AC compressor

Customer Question

I have a 2000 lexus es300 that the AC compressor is not cycling on and off. I have little mechanical knowledge and I know that the compressor will turn off when the cabin temp reach a threshold. I have change the thermostat that goes in the evaporator core but the problem is still on.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Victor replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,In order for the compressor to cycle, the pressure sensor needs to sense if there is enough refrigerant in the system. Do you know if the system is fully/properly charged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for replaying

yes, I have the system recharged about 2 weeks ago.

Expert:  Victor replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** problem happen before or after the repair? Also, does the a/c light flash?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The problem happen before the repair and the ac light does not flash.

Expert:  Victor replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. Let's inspect the wiring and fuse for the compressor. First, there is a couple of connectors located on the compressor. Check to see the wiring is good and the connector is fully clipped in. Next, check the A/C fuse located in the fuse panel under the hood.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, it have been long time since I replay. Sorry for that.

All connectors on the compressor seems very good so as the fuse.

also I have notes that the air coming from the center vent is very very cold while the sides vent is so so.

I use thermometer to measure the air temp so i get 3 deg.C at the center vent and about 12 deg.C !!. Is it ok to have these different in temp??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: I still need help.