Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Lexus LAX 470: I have LEXUS key blank LEXUS like 470

Customer Question

I have LEXUS key blank for my LEXUS like 470 it's programmable. But only have two valet keys and I lost my last master key. I want to have it cut and programmed. But it's after market.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Without a valid Master key, programming at the dealer level is rather difficult. However, the good news is if you can fins a really good locksmith, they now have a tool that can 'read' a valet key and program new keys. This is something that no Toyota dealer has (wish we could get one). The recommendation I have for you is to call around to different locksmiths in your area. If one of them has the new tool, you will be good to go. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for choosing Just Answer.