Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Lexus RX330: My 2004 RX330 traction control kicks in most times

Customer Question

My 2004 RX330 traction control kicks in most times when travelling between 35 & 45MPH and going around right hand curves (not turns) in the road. The light blinks and the engine becomes disabled making the car slow down rather abruptly, until going below approx. 35 MPH. The steering wheel needs to slowly turn approx. 45 degrees or more when making the curve. Has happened maybe once or twice at the most taking a left hand curve.
Very annoying as the driver, but particularly for cars following behind me.
So far Lexus hasn't duplicated the problem, not has the computer indicated any issues.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.
To diagnose this, you must be monitoring the wheel speed sensors on a scan tool during this event. One of the sensors is getting a signal back to the ABS module that wheel slippage is occurring. This can be the sensor, tone ring, or the wheel bearing to blame causing this to occur. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a scan tool?
It plugs in under the dash and can show you trouble codes and access the modules and show you the readings from all sensors.