Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Lexus GS350: is it possible that after 23,000 miles on my 2013

Customer Question

is it possible that after 23,000 miles on my 2013 lexus gs350 that the rotors have to be replaced. they first told me they needed to replace brake pads as they were approaching 3mm. then they came back and said they needed to replace the rotors as they were too thin to trim. the price they are quoting is $1500. should the rotors wear out that quickly?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin. It is possible. nowadays the brakes are a lot more efficient with unfortunately means they Wear out quicker but this also depends a lot on what type of driving car does.autos always wear brakes quick so it your is auto this may be why . My guess is the pads are out and the disc are uneven and the new pads wont bed in properly on old and that's the reason for recommended change .but if unsure ask them to show you if they are honest they won't have an issue if unsure still get a second opinion you can always take it back if second party agree
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything further I can help with?