Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Lexus ES300: 98 es300 key stuck in ignition between off and

Customer Question

98 es300 key stuck in ignition between off and accessory car is off in park and the steering wheel is not locked
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Usually it is the tumblers that fail in the ignition cylinder and cause this fault here.In some cases you can spray a small amount of lubricant past the key into the tumblers and wiggle the key to free it up to correct this fault and in other cases the cylinder needs replaced or repaired by a lock smith to correct this.
On some models if the battery voltage is low this will cause this as well,if you have not had the battery voltage checked and cables checked for any issues this should be done and if anything is found at fault it will need corrected.
Thanks Pete