Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

Lexus SC400: I got a 1992 sc400 lexus and the engine light

Customer Question

I got a 1992 sc400 lexus and the engine light came up. it was seating on my garage for about two years because the transmission went off, and I just fixed it. that light didn't come on before that... and car runs fine. thnks.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The check engine light come on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer should set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing and causing the light to come on you are going to need to have the computer system scanned and the fault code retrieved.
You can retrieve the code and or codes by jumping the pins in the data link connector with this steps. Locate the diagnosis box located on the engine. Jump terminals Te1 to E1. Turn the ignition switch to the on position and monitor the check engine light flashing. Count the flashes and that will be the fault code. Post back with the count and I can direct you from there.