Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Lexus ES350: water drain ac

Customer Question

water drain ac
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you.
The draining of water is normal.
As the AC runs, water (humidity removed from the cabin area air) is supposed to drain out onto the street)... When it gets plugged up with dirt/dust, etc, the water cannot drain, it backs up and drips onto the carpets.
Keeping that drain tube open is very important.
The water dripping out of the tube is normal. When you see the water stop flowing out of the tube, it is time to clean it again
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.
Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I recently drove about 10 hours in two days and extremely hot humid weather with the air conditioner running would be normal if my carpets are saturated with waterI recently drove about 10 hours into days
What compounds this problem is running the AC on the "Fresh" setting. Always run the AC on the "recirculate' setting.
When you use fresh, you admit hot humid air into the AC box where it condensates out...then is supposed to drain onto the street. If there is any blockage, during the drive you specified, the water will easily back up and leak onto the carpets.
Using it on Recirculate, you do not admit hot humid air into the box. You cool the air that is inside the car only. This actually lowers the interior temperature a few extra degrees, as the AC is not cooling the aid getting into the AC box from the air intake in front of the windshield.