sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Lexus LX470: I have my 1998 LX470 Lexus; the ABS and Brake

Customer Question

I have my 1998 LX470 Lexus; the ABS and Brake light is on with a buzzing sound also. As consequence, the brake system does not work. I replaced all brake components but with no success. What else I have to do?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the brake and ABS lights are on it is because the ABS module has seen a failure in the system and set a fault code. the first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set in the ABS module and go from there, electrical testing may need to be done.
If you're hearing a buzzing sound that is likely the ABS pump running constantly. The pump running constantly is usually caused by an internal failure of the ABS module.