Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

The battery draw on my 2001 lexus gs 300 is 3.9 volts with

Customer Question

Hi the battery draw on my 2001 lexus gs 300 is 3.9 volts with everything off. I put a jumper on the neg battery terminal and waited 20 minutes before checking when I remove the jumper with the voltmeter in place I get the 3.9 volts
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you.
The second part of the diagnosis of a 3.9 volt parasitic draw is to start removing fuses form the fuse panel, one at a time, until the draw drops to zero.
I would start with the radio fuses. It is a known issue that the solid state latching relay inside the radio amplifier does not shut off when the car is turned off. This is most likely the problem, unless you have a trunk light/visor light/etc staying on, or something like that