Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

The top on my 02 sc 430 starts to come down, but seems to get

Customer Question

the top on my 02 sc 430 starts to come down, but seems to get hung up as it starts to release from the top of the windshield. It just will not fold back.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This top system uses several limit switches that send signals on what position the roof is in.If one of these switches are sending an incorrect signal on what position the roof is in this will cause this fault here.
The fault codes need checked/read out in all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.
I suspect one of the limit switches has failed causing this fault.The scan tool plugged into your vehicle can also be used to monitor the switch signals to locate which is at fault here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Basically, you are just telling me to take it to a dealer....what can I do to address the problem?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Without knowing what fault codes are set and without being able to see the data from the position sensors its difficult to see what is occurring here.
If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, maybe someone else has had this situation and can shed some light on it.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete