Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Lexus ES300: 1997 s300 REPLACED CD CHANGER WAS DEAD NO IT PLAYS

Customer Question

1997 s300 REPLACED CD CHANGER WAS DEAD NO IT PLAYS BUT NO SOUND AND IDEAS THANKS
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you have no sound on radio mode as well as cd mode this is usually a fault of the sound amplifier itself,I have seen this amplifier fail before and cause this issue here and had to replace it.If this only occurs on cd mode this sounds like the replacement cd player/changer that was installed is faulty as well and needs replaced again.Make sure everything is plugged in properly to the cd changer and radio.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HELLO PETE IT HAS SOUND ON ALL OTHER FM,CASSETT JUST THE CD PLAYER ONLY IT PLAYS GOOD JUST NO SOUND

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello pete it works on all other fucntions just not the cd player before the cd player never worked before what can it be please pete this lady is fustrated with it thanks

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay.
Inspect the wiring to the cd player if this is an external cd player separate from the radio.If there is any wiring damage or connection issues to the cd player this will need to be resolved to correct this here.
If this is checked and found to be o.k. or if this cd player is part of the radio itself let me know.
I suspect this will be broken/damaged wiring leading off of the cd player itself.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

PETE WE DID TAKE OUT THAT UNIT CKED HARNESS LOOKS GREAT GOING TO TRY ANOTHER HEAD UNIT THE OLD UNIT QUIT THIS ONE WORKS JUST NO SOUND PERIOD

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,it is possible the head unit is the cause here needing replaced.Let me know if trying another one corrects the fault here.
Thanks Pete