Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Lexus ES330: My lexus es330 will not start. I have headlights

Customer Question

My lexus es330 will not start. I have headlights but no dash lights. When I turn the ignition key nothing happens. The alternator went out and I replaced it. I didn't initially disconnect the battery and when I removed the lead from the alternator it sparked. I probably blew a fuse. Not sure where to look?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Your model has a fusible link wire leading from the battery to the 120 amp alternator fuse as well as this 120 amp alternator fuse.If you shorted the power cable at the alternator it may have shorted out one of these two components here as well as other fuses possibly like the AM2 30 amp fuse.Check and see if any of these are found to be blown and replace as needed.If these are found to be o.k. or you cannot locate these let me know.
Thanks Pete