Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Please send me the instructions REMOVING or

Customer Question

Please send me the instructions for PHYSICALLY REMOVING or unplugging (as opposed to just deactivating) a Lexus RX450h telematics module or its cellular module so that wireless communications (except GPS) with the car are IMPOSSIBLE under any circumstances.
I am seeking a method that will not void any warranties. I know a mechanic who can do it on GM cars and I am also looking for a mechanic to do on my Lexus.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here. Unfortunately I see no one has responded to your question here.Most likely due to the vehicle being a new model and info for something like this may not be available yet or someone hasn't done this yet. In any case here usually when you physically remove a component like this there will be fault warnings on the dash which may affect other electronics from operating properly.Usually a dealer has to reprogram the computers in the vehicle if even possible so the faults do not occur once it is removed. If you still wish to wait for a complete answer to see if anyone can help with this more let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete,I am disappointed that no one has answered. I keep getting emails from your site saying that someone will be answering soon, but that's been going on for a week!Please confirm that my card has not been charged.Thanks.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Once again I do apologize for any delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.If you want I can open your question back up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.If you still want a refund let me know and I will send this to customer service for you.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand your offer to "open your question back up for others here". If no one has answered after a week, what difference would another week make??
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I do understand that.IN some cases some experts may not have been on line this past week and there may be others coming in that may be able to help.It isn't a guarantee though.Would you like me to send this to customer service so you can discuss any payment or refund?
Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In that case, I can give it more time to see if you have any experts in this subject matter. So could you please follow-up with me on Wed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete,Why am I getting a solicitation to rate your answer when I still haven't received an answer??
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete