Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Lexus: Working on a 1995 Lexus sedan. It has an issue with

Customer Question

Working on a 1995 Lexus sedan. It has an issue with the A/C system. The air blows cold almost all the time. Iv'e replace the whole system compressor, dryer, expansion valve, and flushed every thing out. I vacuumed the system down and the pressures are spot on. Sometimes when i start the car with the A/C on the motor wont run well because it seems like that the compressor is locking up and pulling the motor down. So i replaced the compressor again and still same thing. Also the A/C button flashes as the issue is happening. I shut the a/c off and back on then the air works great again the whole day.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you have not tested the ac pressures when the issue occurs I would do this.If your pressures are high when this occurs this usually indicates a component is restricting the ac system causing this fault here and needs replaced in most cases.
If this is found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.