Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Vsc light and vsc off no speedometer or odometer p0500 code

Customer Question

vsc light and vsc off no speedometer or odometer p0500 code 2003 Toyota Avalon
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replaced speed senor on top of transmission
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hi
On this model the speed signal comes from the ABS module. We need to start there by checking for ABS codes. Then while driving watching on a scan tool. See if the ABS is showing a VSS signal or not.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris