Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Lexus RX400H: I have a 2007 Lexus RX 400h. When should I start

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Lexus RX 400h. When should I start paying attention to the actual hybrid battery and consider replacement? The car has a 127,500 miles on it. This is the first thing I have had to be concerned about. I got a 'check vsc error' when I applied the brakes. The engine stalled and I restarted it again. Since then no apparent problems......Todd...
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you.
There are a lot of urban and internet myths about the HV batteries in the Toyota and Lexus vehicles. In our shop, we have yet to replace a HV battery that actually failed. We have replaced them due to collisions and people buying them from scrapyards...but never a complete failure of the HV battery where a customer needed to pay for a replacement.
With that in mind, I would not be too awful concerned about replacement of the HV battery any time soon. We have customers with well over 200,000 miles on their vehicles, all with the original HV batteries.
I hope this puts you HV worries to rest.
On the Check VSV, this sounds like you may have had a intermittent condition on one of the wheel speed sensors.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply
Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.
Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer