sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Lexus RX300: I have the "no disk detected" on my navigation

Customer Question

I have the "no disk detected" on my navigation screen in my 2001 RX300 and was reading some of the comments from people with the same issue - any tested and true tricks to making this go away?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem is either with the disc or the navigation unit itself. If the disc is in place then most likely the unit has failed.

I'm assuming that the disc is in place. You'll also want to make sure it isn't dirty, damaged or warped.

If the disc is ok one thing you can do is try a battery disconnect. If that doesn't help then the navigation unit will either need to be replaced or sent out to somewhere such as United Radio for repair. Having a unit repaired is usually much cheaper than replacing it with a remanufactured one.