Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2013 lexus rx, when the engine turns off the steering

Customer Question

I have a 2013 lexus rx, when the engine turns off the steering wheel moves up to let the driver out. When I start the car, the steering wheel returns to a driving position and makes a rubbing sound.. any ideas how to fix?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
You will need to inspect the steering column and its components for anything damaged or loose causing the rubbing sound causing this issue here.This sounds like a component is out of place or warped possibly and is causing this fault.This may also be the steering tilt motor itself being weak as it may operate properly one way but the other it makes noise as I have had to replace some of the tilt motors in the past before for issues.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete