Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Lexus RX350: 07 Rx350 ignition won't turn, replaced switch

Customer Question

07 Rx350 ignition won't turn, replaced switch last year. Happens repeatedly and I wonder if there will be a recall.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I did a search on this issue through all the current bulletins out there and recalls and didn't see anything for this issue here.If the key is worn slightly this can cause this fault here and would need replaced.If the key is o.k. I would have the ignition removed and the ignition housing checked for any burrs or metal or damaged needing repaired and correct as needed.If no issues are found and the key is o.k. the ignition most likely needs replaced again to correct this here.I would see if you can get this done as a parts warranty at no cost to you since it was replaced last year.
Thanks Pete