Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

Lexus: ! my name is ***** ***** got a 2001 Lexus IS300,

Customer Question

Hi! my name is ***** ***** got a 2001 Lexus IS300, When I start it,it idles high then lobes and wants to stall, All most like a vacuum leak, And I can't find or hear one. can you help me?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you are sure you do not have any vacuum leaks the I would start with giving the throttle body and IAC (idle air control ) valve a good cleaning with some carb cleaner. When doing so be sure to remove the negative battery cable before making the repair. If the TB has any sludge build up It can effect idle speed.
Give this a try and post back if you need more help and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still not runing right , did code search po300-p0305 can you help?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Which codes are you setting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hooked up a code reader, and it showed po300-po301- po302- po304- po305, code p1349. I checked the oil screen and it was very clean.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
The code P1349 is causing the engine misfire codes that your getting to set and it can be caused by any of the following,
Variable Valve Timing (VVT) Gear
Variable Valve Timing (VVT) Solenoid
Variable Valve Timing (VVT) Solenoid Wiring
The Variable Valve Timing Solenoid failing is in most cases the actual fault. You can check this with the steps below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P1349%20May%2012.pdf