lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

Lexus GX470: good morning.Yesterday, had to slam on the

Customer Question

good morning.
Yesterday, had to slam on the brakes and after, the car wheels jerked for a bit. after that, the nav panel system went flaky and it appears that the electrical system is also flaky. any ideas?
Just checked and the map, destination and menu pages do not display. However the display, info, audio and climate do display on the screen. The key controls also do not work.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
Can you clarify what you mean by the key controls do not work? Have you had the alternator output checked? Do you have a voltmeter with a reasonable knowledge of how to use it? Have you been to a nearby AutoZone to see if there any codes set in the engine control computer or do you have a code reader? Did you have the battery or alternator tested at AutoZone or similar parts store they do these features free?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Since I didn't get a prompt reply, I had to take it in. They are testing it out now.

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.
I did reply and You did not answer any of my info requests. Let me know if you get the info or if you need a second opinion after the vehicle is looked at.