FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE
1627031

Lexus ES330: Just got an ES330 sweet price. Looks and

Customer Question

Just got an ES330 for a sweet price. Looks and checks out well mechanically. Has 232k miles. Wondering what the best oil to use is? I'm leaning toward synth but hear that Lexus still recommends dino.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. I would recommend synthetic. I have had the best luck with this type of oil on this engine. One thing to watch out for is if you have any oil leaks in some rare cases this can cause the leak to be slightly larger. I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, with 232 miles, and not knowing what oil was used before (just that it was changed religiously), I worry about a leak starting. There are no leaks now. (Probably needs a front valve cover gasket, but that's no biggie.) I guess I fear a sudden big leak at the rear main seal. (is it called the "rear" main seal on a transverse engine like that?)
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
If it is not really leaking now it will not suddenly start leaking. I have never experienced this. I have only had a current leak start leaking worse. If you start putting in synthetic now you should be fine if you stick with that.