Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Lexus LS460: I changed a leaking valve cover gasket on the

Customer Question

I changed a leaking valve cover gasket on the passenger side of my 2007 ls460. Now it cranks but does not start or stumbles terribly and dies. All seems to be connected but I must be missing something that should be obvious
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you had to remove the spark plugs or spark plug wires check and make sure the spark plugs are not fouled out with engine oil as this will occur as oil can drip into the cylinders with the plugs removed or onto the plug connections with the spark plug wires removed.Make sure the spark plug wires are also routed and installed onto the correct spark plugs.
If these are all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While I had no response I found the problem. It was a camshaft position sensor.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
That is great to hear.If you need anything else let me know.
Thanks Pete