Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Lexus SC430: I have a 2005 sc430 and the top will not go down.

Customer Question

I have a 2005 sc430 and the top will not go down. My indicators are the trunk comes up the windows go down, the locks release and the top tries to move and stops. Help??
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
9My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One of the more common issues to cause this here are one of the micro switches that send signals on what position the top is in.If one or more of these have failed and is sending an incorrect signal on what position the top is in the top will stop like this here.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out of all computers in your vehicle using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done those can be diagnosed to locate the faulty switch/sensor.The scan tool is also used to monitor the switch/sensor signals to see which is faulty as well.
Thanks Pete