sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Lexus Lx 570: I have a 2009 lx 570 and it won't start. Thought

Customer Question

I have a 2009 lx 570 and it won't start. Thought it was the battery but it is fine. Makes one click when I try to start.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! A single click from the engine compartment when trying to start the engine is almost always caused by a failed starter solenoid. What you'll need to do is verify the engine ground and starter positive source are good. If so and there is power on the small wire at the starter solenoid with the key held in the crank position and the starter does not engage then the starter will need to be replaced, provided the engine is able to physically turn.