Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Lexus GS300: I JUST RECENTLY PURCAHSED A 2004 gs 300, IN LINE

Customer Question

I JUST RECENTLY PURCAHSED A 2004 gs 300, IN LINE 6 CYL. 92,000 miles
CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND VSC lights were both on. Every time I changed a OX sensor the light would come back on after 2-5 miles or 10-15 minutes. so at this point I have changed all four, bank 1 and 2 up and down stream. The light has come back one again! I can tell a smoother idle and perhaps slightly better performance but the light is on. The other issue I did notice is that even after car is warm the exhaust has that cold car scent.
before I pull my hair out or spend more money I am looking to see if there is someone out there who knows this car its inherent problems and may have been though this same dilemma I have
thanks
Sheldon
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
HiGood information, but I need to know which trouble codes are stored. It almost sounds like your diagnosing a lean or rich code from the O2 sensors. That may be low/high fuel pressure, vacuum leaks, or a dirty or faulty MAF sensor.- - It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I can't read minds nor have a magic wand, & I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay Chris I will obtain the codes from a scanner and et back to you. So far the scanner has informed us that 02 sensors were bad and as I posted earlier all 4 are now new! obviously there is another issue here. I also changed the gasoline fuel cap that did to work either.
Keep in touch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to put a scanner on the car. It reads O2 sensor bank 2 sensor1. I changed all 4 02 sensors bank one bank two upstream and down stream. Local mechanic thinks it is an electrical problem? The car runs fine at speed however on initial takeoff there is some hesitation, it idles fine. thanks Sheldon
I still need to know the code number to be able to figure this out.