Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician qualified to work on all makes and models.
3827149

Lexus SC300: 1995 Lexus SC 300 is running about 3000 rpm at

1995 Lexus SC 300 is running about 3000 rpm at about 55-60 miles per hour and will not shift into next gear to bring down rpm. What to do? 137,000 miles on car.
Hi I'm Tom and I'm here to assist you . Is the engine light on and when was the last time the transmission was serviced?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The engine light has never come on. Don't think transmission has been serviced other than fluid levels checked.

Ok the most common issues is there is debris in the transmission not allowing to flow properly as well as a possible damaged shift solenoid. So you need to have the transmission flushed as well as the transmission cooler and refilled . This will remove all debris from the transmission and possibly fix your issue . If there is still a problem it can be a damaged shift solenoid which is about 100 dollars to repair. These are the next steps. Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks . Bonuses greatly appreciated .