Greg
Greg, Import tech
Experience:  17 year shop owner

Lexus IS300: I need to replace the battery, any new settings

Customer Question

I need to replace the battery, any new settings required for ignition or radio - hope it is just a straight swap
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

When replacing the battery just make sure you have the radio code to reprogram the radio after you have replaced the radio .

Disconnect the Negative (Black) cable first, then the red positive .remove battery then install new battery ,connect the red cable first then the black neg cable .
Make sure the battery post are cleaned with a fine sand paper as it has a protective film on the post when new .and the battery clamps checked for corrosion and cleaned .

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg
Greg, Import tech
Experience: 17 year shop owner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Greg

I don't know the radio code, I have not touched it yet so can I bring up the code in the rdaio in any way or do I get back to Lexus UK?

cheers

john

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi John ,

No way to get the code out the radio .

Do the following with jumper leads attach another battery to the cables then remove your battery and fit the new one this way your system will not lose power to the radio .

Or if you have a battery booster pack with the cig lighter adaptor fit this and switch on the ignition then change over the battery .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg

Called Lexus dealer I bought the car from and they are checking it out and replying -hopefully

I don't have another battery to use the jump lead process, will try it if I get stuck by borrowing one.

cheers

john

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi John.

If you bought it from the dealer and they did not give you the code, then they will most likely get you the code free of charge ,you need this also for any future issue.

Thanks John all the best and get back to me if needed.

Rgds Greg