Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Lexus LX470: how can I remove 2003 Lexus LX 470 front brake

how can I remove 2003 Lexus LX 470 front brake rotors

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. It is pretty straight forward, just remove the wheel, remove the caliper, then slide the disk off the hub. Here are instructions with pictures that show how everything is assembled. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

-

http://db.tt/pMairDmB

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please this is lexus LX470 4X4 how to remove the front brake rotor

Did you click the above instructions which show how to remove the caliper? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I have already remove the caliper, and hit the rotor with hummer but still on it.

It is probably just stuck, I would try to use a sludge hammer if possible and work your way around the outer edges but there is nothing else that holds the rotors to the hub assembly. Let me know how it goes or if you run into questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Now what am seeing is five bolt holding the rotor to the hub from inside.

You are correct, you will need to remove rotor with bearing assembly then remove rotor from bearing. Here are instructions, let me know if you have questions and sorry about confusion. Thanks.

-

http://db.tt/L664NwA4

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please, is that any special tools to pull the flange from the hub ?

Thanks.

No, just remember there is a snap ring in there that needs to be removed. Let me know how it goes or if you run into questions, thanks.