George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+ years ASE Master w/L1 Drivability certification

Lexus RX300: how to replace brake light switch

how to replace brake light switch

Hello I will help you with your question,

The brake light switch is located on the shaft of the brake pedal and is secured by two nuts that clamp it to the bracket. Loosen the nut toward the plunger end of the switch and turn it off with your fingers. (14mm nut) the slide the switch out of the bracket. Unplug the switch and plug in the new one.

Install the new switch so that the plunger is fully depressed but does not hold the pedal shaft off its stop.

Let me know what i can do to help you with this

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service not the content as you may not like the answer but it is the truth. Only rate when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to click the lower two ratings they are negative feedback that sticks on my record so please STOP and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek to secure a positive rating.

Please let me know if the rating box is missing or you are unable to rate for any reason

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how much would a lexus dealer charge?

The cost for the switch is $58 plus 1/2 hour labor so $120 or so depending on the shop rate of the dealer.

Please let me know what I can do to help you with this'

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok thanks.Smile