My Lexus dealer uses standard rather than synthetic oil in

My Lexus dealer uses standard rather than synthetic oil in my oil changes. The owner's manual says to use SWE5W30 which I assume is not synthetic oil. The manual also says to change the oil every 5,000 miles. At 80,000 miles my low oil light came on (just one day before my scheduled 5,000 mile oil change) and I was 2 quarts down. Assuming the dealer used synthetic oil, I had the Auto Zone guy put in 2 quarts of synthetic oil. I had the oil changed the next day at the Lexus dealer. They found no leaks or other problems. First, I made the mistake of mixing 2 quarts of synthetic oil with conventional oil (but only for a day before the oil change) - problem? And where the heck did 2 quarts of oil go? Should I change the oil every 3,000 miles (yet another mechanic told me to do that). Help! Should I assume%
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX the 2 quarts of synthetic oil will not harm it, this does not call for synthetic oil from the factory, and i would not start using it with this mileage, I also reccommend oil xhanges every 3000 miles for conventional oil, I know the manual says every 5000 miles, but we do them at 3k, monitor the oil consumption for the next oil change interval and see if it is actually using oil, if it is, i would start by flushing the engine, these have a habit of sludging up, and an engine flush will correct this,Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, Tim. One of my questions is, where did 2 quarts of oil go if the engine is not leaking and there's no evidence of burning out the tailpipe? Is there anything to be concerned about? I hope to keep this car for a long, long time (it's paid off).
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 years ago.

these had a problem of oil sludging in the engine, all the toyota engine did, and changing the oil at 5000k is one of the problems, i would flush the engine and see if this cures the oil consumption, the sludge can gather around the rings and cause them not to seal properly, and can cause this,Tim

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, one more question and I think I'm done. Is there a need to inspect the "rings" now to see if they are not properly sealed or are they an internal part of the engine that would require an expensive procedure? I want to do what I can that won't cost a fortune to make sure the engine's gonna last. To get it flushed, I know the dealer would be expensive - can any good mechanic do a proper engine flush or should I trust only a Lexus dealer? Thanks.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 years ago.
the rings are internal in the engine, it would require the engine to be disassembled to chek them, most quick oil change places flush these out for around 90 dollars, but any mechanic can do it,Tim