toyotek01
toyotek01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have been a Toyota technician for over 24 years been through all the Toyota courses and have all my ASE's
58837458

Lexus RX350: My rx350 2010 is displaying check engine light,

My rx350 2010 is displaying check engine light, check awd and slip indicator. They came on during highway driving. We're 500 miles from home. Is it safe to drive?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  toyotek01 replied 4 years ago.
Hello thank you for choosing JustAnswer.The check engine and the awd and slip indicator light came on obviously because there is a fault in one of the systems and more than likely it is engine system the other lights come on just as a precaution so if what needs to be repaired could cause damage to the other systems so they don't get damaged.But if your RX is running ok then yes you could drive that far home it could be just as simple as a loose gas cap but if the check engine light were to be flashing then i would say no don't drive it.but if it is running normal then go ahead and drive it then have the code(s) checked when you get home.