Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

Lexus RX 350: i have lexus 2007 rx 350 with app. 75000 miles.

i have lexus 2007 rx 350 with app. 75000 miles. I get it serviced at Toyota in my town. At 65,000 miles, Toyota mechanic forgot to tighten the part correctly and the engine got damaged, so they put the new lexus engine in the car at that point at no cost, so engine is brand new in my car so pls. keep in your mind when you guide me with your answers.

For these many miles, only thing I have got it done is the oil change on a regular basis and kept the brakes in great shape. I have not done any other service work.

I have reached to a conclusion that dealership service stations are in the business of making money and their advice is subjective so I do not trust them.

Question:

What kinds of preventive maintenance work should I get it done at this stage? I want to spend money wisely and only if necessary. Pls. let me know your response in order of priority so I can spend money in that order.

Pls. also let me know any future mandatory work that you suggest at higher miles (list the miles in the bracket).

Thanks in advance.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer for your needs.

There are several items that are due only when their measurements get low. Such as Tires and brakes so these items should be measured and given to you at each oil change. That way you can see what their measurements are and you can plan accordingly to when they are getting due for replacement. Another item would be the car battery. Again, this should be tested for you at every 5,000 mile oil change.

The basic service recommendations are:

5,000-10,000- 20,000- 25,000- 35,000- 40,000- 50,000-55,000- 65,000- 70,000- 80,000- 85,000- 95,000 miles Complete check over with oil and filter change with tire rotation.

15,000- 45,000- 75,000- 115,000 miles Complete check over with oil and filter change with tire rotation. Replace Cabin Air filter (you can just have it cleaned out which is Lexus' recommendations but for a non odorous smell it is best to change it)

30,000- 60,000- 90,000 miles Complete check over with oil and filter change with tire rotation. Replace cabin air filter. Replace Engine Air filter. Replace Brake fluid.

*** At 100,000 miles the Coolant is due to be replaced and at 120,000 miles the spark plugs are due for changing.

Other than that we have the normal wear and tear items like Tires, Battery, Brake Pads, Serpentine Belt and Wiper blades. These should all be inspected at each oil change and the measurements given to you.

The Transmission fluid is Lexus "WS" which means it is World Standard and is made to last the entire life on the vehicle.

The upsell items like(EFI) Fuel Injection Service,(TEC) Top Engine Clean, A/C Refresh service and other flushes like a Power Steering Fluid flush are all items to also take into consideration. The EFI, TEC and A/C Refresh should be no more than 30,000- 60,000- 90,000. They do help your vehicle maintain itself by running properly and smelling good but are not recommendations by Lexus as should be at your discretion. The best thing to do is have a Repair Shop you trust and work with them to help you meet your needs.

Genchi

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so....just to confirm...no need to change transmission oil for life...am I right?

Serpentine belt? at how many miles this one needs to be changed?

Does lexus have anything similar to timing belt and if so, at how many miles it needs to be changed...

Correct.

There is no set mileage. The technician should look for any cracks beginning to develop and let you know. The average mileage is around 75,000 miles.

Does Lexus have anything similar to timing belt and if so, at how many miles it needs to be changed...

They do but not on your vehicle. Your engine is chain driven and does not have a timing belt. The closest item to this on your car is the serpentine belt.

Genchi