LexusPro
LexusPro, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  Lexus Master Certified, 11 yrs w/ Lexus Dealership, Elite of Lexus 2000-2011, 17yrs Auto Industry

Lexus GS300: I have a 2003 GS300 and locked my keys in the

Customer Question

I have a 2003 GS300 and locked my keys in the trunk. Locksmith came out and opened doors. Got in car and subkey will not unlock trunk door push in button or start the car. Is there access through the rear seat into the trunk? I pulled down the armrest and there is no access through there. What are my options? Also, if my grey subkey will not start the car will a lexus dealer be able to provide me a new key with correct transponder? Manual says to take subkey in and get a new key made. Not sure that will work if subkey is not able to start the car or even turn in the ignition. I think best bet is getting in through back seat of car but not sure how.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  LexusPro replied 2 years ago.

LexusPro :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will be back with you in just a second.

LexusPro :

Is the key that you have a valet key(grey head)?

Customer :

Yes, but it is not starting the car, fits the ignition but wont turn in the ignition

LexusPro :

Does it unlock the doors?

Customer :

It will not unlock any of the doors

LexusPro :

A valet key should unlock the doors and start the car if it is the correct key for the car. A new master key can be cut by key code or vin at a dealer. It will also have to be programed before it will start the car. It will let you open the trunk to retrieve your other keys.

LexusPro :

You can also remove the lower dash trim and unplug the connector for the trunk release and use a jumper wire to pop the trunk.

Customer :

I would like to try that, can you explain a jumper wire

LexusPro :

There is a connector that plugs into the lock portion. You can use a small peice of wire to jump from one side of the connector to the other to allow the switch to work, bypassing the lock.

Customer :

I will try that, can i reach you back via this same chat if i need to?

LexusPro :

Yes. I have to step out for a while. The site will send me a message of your reply and I will be back in touch as soon as possible. I will have my mobile device.

Customer :

I have removed the access panel and am not doing something right. I have disconnected the modular connectors on the back of the trunk lock switch and have tried running a wire between the male modular connectors that I disconnected and tried jumping the wire between the femal module that the connectors plugged into. Neither one has worked. Do i need to plug the male modules back into the the female connector attached to the trunck switch

Expert:  LexusPro replied 2 years ago.
Only remove the connector for the lock portion and jump that connector. Then use the switch to pop the trunk. Keep in mind that if the alarm went off that procedure will not work.